Thursday, November 20, 2008

Papa's perfect christmas tree

Christmas Tree
In this holiday classic, the Berenstain family sets out to find the perfect Christmas tree. Papa takes Brother and Sister Bear along on his trek, only to discover that all the trees he desires are the homes of other animals. Papa hurries back to buy a tree…but they are all sold out. To their surprise, the woodland creatures have made a special gift, giving the family a Christmas they won’t soon forget!
I can almost recite this book by heart. It was my favorite Christmas book to read to the girls when they were little. I thought about it today because when I was out flying..we were over by the glacier and flying along the mountains at about 2500 feet when I spotted it.. PAPA'S PERFECT CHRISTMAS TREE it sat out tall and majestic on an outcropping from the mountain. It was the only tree out there and it's green was so green and it tall was so tall.. I wanted to take a picture but I feared Bill might think I had lost my mind if we had to circle back around so I could get a picture of PAPA'S PERFECT CHRISTMAS TREE.....what a day people... what a day...INDEED