Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My cousin Gail

wrote the best commentary I have read in quite a while. She said everything that I felt. I think we all need to be praying. There is a huge difference between small business owners and corporate america. I truly feel that just because you work hard and make a little money does not mean you should be penalized because other choose not to work. I did think the same thing as Gail on the education side of it and thought to myself that we do need some education reform. #1 I believe we have to get rid of this no child left behind act because it is killing us. Our education system is a mess. It is hard to understand if you are not in the system with a young child or as a teacher but it is a mess with a capital M.They are making it harder and harder for teachers to teach. We are being weighed down with standardized testing. Adrienne said something about politics the other day about money trumping morality but it also applies here as well and money is trumping the education of our young children.
Book club on Saturday. I will get lots of pictures. Right now I have to run to Walmart and then get ready for classes in town. It was nice being home yesterday without a bunch of places to go to in the evening. Plus I want to catch up on Sunday's episode of Desparate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. (I like to watch them on my lap top at night when Tom is flipping channels.)Although we got some netflix in the mail today let me see what we got. We have House Calls a 1978 movie with Walter Matthau, Over her dead body 2008 It has Lake Bell (she played in the first season of Boston Legal but was fired)and eva Longoria who we know as Gabby from Desparate Housewives. Two Weeks Notice ( I threw one in that we had seen but it is always a good movie. and final drum roll... 88 minutes.. plus they emailed me to say that they are sending out Get Smart today.. I love it when we have good movies to watch. We go in cycles but that is why net flix is so great for us.. No late fees and I do not have to panic about getting them back by midnight...