Saturday, November 1, 2008

For Aunt Margy

I got your Email. Thank you . I went out flying today at 2:30... I flew to Talkeetna... it is about 50 nautical miles from Wasilla. It was so pretty outside. In the winter the sky is so clear and you can see forever. I landed in Talkeetna and then taxied back to the runway and took off.. our plane climbs out so quick and easy.. I love the auto pilot that allows me to relax on the way home for a while until i need to lose some altitude to get into the pattern at Wasilla. When I get into left downwind for Wasilla I go over Lake Lucille for a short time and then turn to go over the Parks Highway into Runway 2 1 for landing at Wasilla. It is such an exilerating feeling to fly... YOu and I both know Mother would be having a heart attack whenever I went out flying.. but I feel close to her in the air... I am almost done with my teaching degree but I do not want to teach.. I want to fly...