Thursday, September 18, 2008

There is a necessity for a regulating discipline of exercise that, whilst evoking the human energies, will not suffer them to be wasted

I just wanted to say how proud I am of my cousin Gail. She ran 20 miles and is very cool for having the determination to accomplish such a great goal. I have only ever made it to 10 miles on the treadmill. I would love to keep going and be able to run a marathon. What is really great about it is something Gail mentioned about not being athletic and being the last to get picked for sports in school etc. I think that most of our family does not have that innate athletic ability that lots of people or born with or acquire at a young age because they have parents that allow them the opportunity to try new sports. Anyway, I am working hard at weight lifting.I am going to my first "spinning" class in the morning with my 1 hour weight training afterwards. I hope I can drive home :) Way to go to all those people that are determined to get out of their comfort zone and try new things.