It turned out to be a great day for a picnic. Cool,crisp fall air. The trees are turning colors and we know winter is just around the corner. It was actually quite warm during the afternoon. We had a fire and everyone sat around it visiting and enjoying each other's company. I made the desserts you saw in one of the pictures. The lemon cookies took forever but were very, very , very good. We had Allen and Gerry, Rock and Linda, Diana and Ed, Nancy and Jake, Darlene, Heidi,Ken and their family. Adrienne invited Christy, Renae and Jorday and of course baby Rainey who suprisingly I did not get any pictures of during the picnic. She slept through most of it in her car seat/stroller. Then Tom and I, Canyon, Krista and her boyfriend Levi. Jordan's friend Matt and his girlfriend Jenn and her 3 year old daughter. I think I included everyone that showed up for the Labor Day picnic.
We had hotdogs and hamburgers. I made a great fall dish with sausage and rice and apples, cinnamon, raisins etc. I found the recipe in a fall magazine. I also made parmesan and chive biscuits but I did not eat one so I am not sure how they turned out. They smelled really good. Darlene made a nice pasta salad, Heidi made pea salad like Aunt Donna used to make. Linda made deviled eggs with a bit of cayenne pepper, they had a great zing to them. Diana made a delicious coleslaw and brought some potato salad from costco. All in all we had a great time and it turned out nice. The end on Labour Day
Versii's Campaign
2 years ago