Friday, August 29, 2008

Labor Day picnic


We are having a Labor Day picnic on Monday at 1 pm. We are providing hot dogs and hamburgers and everyone is bringing a dish. I need to get shopping on Sunday to make sure that I have everything ready on Monday by 1 pm. I tried a great wine out at the fair last night. Barefoot Wine was doing a demonstration and I loved their new Moscato white wine. It is only like 6.00 a bottle but it is really delicious. I was going to get some mild cheeses to go with that wine and then their chardonnay which is a bit crisper. I am going to do sharp cheeses for that wine. I have not decided what dishes I am going to make. I will grap a few bags of chips. Our family seems to like barbque. I might make the cold tuna salad. I really like that at a picnic. I would make mothers potato salad but it takes too long.